Sleep Technician (overnight)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Sleep Technicians who will be engaged in the setup, care, and performance of sleep studies in our cutting-edge sleep research facility. This includes the areas of quantitative EEG analysis, obstructive sleep apnoea and clinical trials.
The positions available are casual evening work in our busy 14 bed research and clinical sleep unit.
- Salary packaging option (up to $15,900 tax-free)
- Meals and entertainment allowance of up to $2,650
- Being part of a supportive and dedicated clinic team
- Ongoing opportunities for professional development to keep up to date with current clinical practices in a rapidly developing arena
- Regular social lunch events
- Join Australia's leading respiratory and sleep research organisation
- Easily accessible by public transport
- Relocating to a new clinic and office space in Macquarie Park
- Perform overnight sleep studies on patients, including preparation, setup, monitoring and data collection
- High patient care and satisfaction
- Patient monitoring and quality sleep data acquisition for analysis, diagnosis, and treatment of clinical sleep studies
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of patient assessments and sleep study results
- Good clinical practice and infection control management
- Effective operation, calibration and maintenance of sleep monitoring equipment as needed
- Patient care experience
- Demonstrated ability to set up for sleep studies (or willingness to be trained)
- Demonstrated experience in patient data acquisition and management
- Knowledge of infection control practices
- Demonstrated ability to follow quality protocols
- Current CPR certification
- WWC (where paediatric care is provided)
- Registered as a Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT)
- Sleep equipment knowledge (Alice 6, GRAEL, CPAP use, TcCo2)
- Sleep software knowledge (CMS, G3, Nexus 360)
The role will be based at Woolcock’s current site in Glebe until ~late March 2024 after which there will be a relocation to new office premises at 2 Innovation Road, Macquarie Park (within Macquarie University precinct).
How to apply
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please apply promptly as we will be assessing applications as they are received. We are very keen to learn how you would add to the strength of our team. Please send your CV and Cover Letter via SEEK or to our Human Resources Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents only (incl. New Zealand Citizens) and valid working rights in Australia
The Woolcock Clinic is a private health facility, and we are following the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Health Care Workers) Order 2022. Health care workers will need to have received at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Current PhD Opportunities